- Wrist based heart rate - Forerunner 235 utilizes Garmin's very own wrist based heart rate sensor that tracks 24/7 - Activity Tracking Accuracy
- Larger screen - A 44% larger screen than the 225 but the same physical size
- Battery life - 12 weeks in watch mode and 12 hours in training mode
- Audio prompts - Receive audio prompts from your connected smartphone that include laps and lap times
- Smart notifications - See incoming email, text messages, call alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone - When paired with a compatible smartphone
Forerunner 235 with Elevate heart rate technology measures heart rate at the wrist 24/7, giving you the option to run without a strap. Its colorful gauge identifies your heart rate zone and beats per minute in real time. No two runners are the same, and neither are their goals. Set yourself up to reach yours by downloading advanced workouts and training plans to your watch.
A built-in accelerometer captures distance and pace data when you're running on an indoor track or treadmill. Once you're done running, it doubles as an activity tracker, counting your steps and calories throughout the day. It also reminds you to move after sitting for more than an hour. Forerunner 235 is compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites to locate your position quickly and precisely whether you're running deep in the woods or near tall buildings.
Concise, easy-to-understand charts, graphs, maps and more let you view your activities, track progress toward goals, and wirelessly upload and share relevant data. So, you can compete with friends or family members on weekly step or running challenges and compare your results in real time, using the LiveTrack feature. You can also use the app's wireless connectivity links to receive current weather conditions, forecasts and smart notifications right on your compatible Garmin device.