Precise Garmin navigation meets global communication in the GPSMAP 66i premium GPS handheld with inReach satellite technology.
- Large 3” sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the GEOS 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center; two-way messaging via the 100% global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping with direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads (no annual subscription); includes multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems support and navigation sensors
- Cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live
- Compatible with the Garmin Explore website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes,activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35h of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode and 1-minute tracking mode (display off); 200 hours in Expedition mode with 30-minute tracking
Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS and GLONASS) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
Navigate every trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
BIRDSEYE SATELLITE IMAGERY
Download high-resolution, photo-realistic maps directly to your device without an annual subscription. Easily find trails, pick stand locations, find parking, create waypoints and more.
OPTIONAL INREACH WEATHER
Use inReach connectivity to get detailed weather updates on GPSMAP 66i or a compatible device paired with the Garmin Explore app. Request weather forecasts for your current location, waypoints or destinations on your route.
PRELOADED TOPO MAPS
Preloaded TopoActive U.S. and Canada maps show you terrain contours, topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and geographical points.
Exchange text messages with loved ones, post to social media, or communicate from inReach to inReach in the field (satellite subscription required).
INTERACTIVE SOS ALERTS
In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to GEOS, the Garmin-powered International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC) with professional 24/7 global monitoring and response center (satellite subscription required).
Track your location, and share it with those at home or out in the field. They’ll be able to see your progress or ping your device for your GPS location and more (satellite subscription required).
Garmin GPSMAP 66i GPS Handheld and Satellite Communicator Specifications
- Physical dimensions 2.5” x 6.4” x 1.4” (6.2 x 16.3 x 3.5 cm)
- Display size 1.5"W x 2.5"H (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3" diag (7.6 cm)
- Display resolution 240 x 400 pixels
- Display type Transflective color TFT
- External memory storage Yes (32 GB max microSD card)
- Memory/History 16 GB (user space varies based on included mapping)
- Map segments 15000
- Water rating IPX7
- Compass Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- Galileo Yes
- Battery life Up to 35 hours at 10-minute tracking
- Battery type Rechargeable, internal lithium-ion
- Weight 8.1 oz (230 g) with batteries